Full Day Workshop – Sunday 22 October
09:00 – 16:30
Now that our smartphones can not only search the web for us but also predict the fastest route to work, how do info pros set themselves apart from anyone with access to Google? This full-day workshop, presented by WebSearch University, looks at what is innovative, creative, and unexpected in advanced web search, research, and analysis. Searchers Academy allows you to interact with a series of web search experts who share their ideas and expertise in the field of research on the web and in social media. There’s always something new to be learned from these leading-edge info pros. Participants should have basic experience with web searching, but even searchers with an extensive searching background will come away with a new attitude and new resources and tools for more effective and strategic searching. Expect to have your assumptions challenged about effective search techniques, strategies, and approaches. Academy topics include:
- Getting More From Web Search: Learn about today’s search engine features and techniques that enable you to out-Google anyone … even your clients!
- Digging Deeper: Find out how and where to look for rich content within the deep web and open access content.
- Savvier Search Strategies: Forget the tricks from a year ago and learn new search approaches that work today.
- Upping the Value: What can you do with your search results to make your deliverables decision-ready?
- Power Searching With the Pros: Take your search skills to the next level and keep up with the changing web world.