Morning Workshops – Sunday 22 October
09:00 – 12:00
This workshop introduces and uses The Digital Engagement Framework to structure the discussion and engage the audience in a series of brief group discussions. The groups report back to all of the participants. Groups are organized by type of library. The framework has 10 categories:
- Assets – What do you have to offer? What makes you unique?
- Audience – Who do you reach and who do you want to reach?
- Content – What has and has not been digitized? What criteria should be used to prioritize future digitization efforts?
- Activities – How do you connect the audience and the assets?
- Platform – Where can you find your audience? What platforms do you use?
- Outreach – How do you reach out to new audiences? Where is the audience online now?
- Engagement – How do you turn the occasional visitor into passionate advocates that are highly engaged?
- Ambition – Why use digital media? What is your vision?
- Values – What are the things that are important to you?
- Goal – What do you want to achieve?
At the end of the workshop, the participants take away the outline of a technology strategic plan that they can use to develop a specific plan for their organization.
Presented by: Joe Matthews